Building a foundation for a great smile has to start early. At Kincardine Dentistry we know it is important to encourage proper brushing and oral hygiene practices from day one…So keep things FUN, download the daily tracking chart below to keep your little ones on track and excited about brushing their teeth.
Did you know that your teeth were intended to last a lifetime? Here are some fun facts about teeth that you might find interesting
1. An average person has 32 teeth. That number includes 4 wisdom teeth. We have 8 incisors, 4 canines, 12 molars and 8 pre-molars.
2. Colgate Total toothpaste is the best selling toothpaste in the United States.
3. You get 2 sets of teeth in your lifetime.The first set is your baby teeth. You will start to lose your baby teeth at around 6-7 years of age. By the time you are 21 years old, you will only have permanent teeth.
4. Teeth are covered with a hard enamel called a crown. Inside of your tooth is dentine and the pulp of your tooth. Each tooth is attached to your jaw socket and has blood vessels and nerves. 2/3rd of the length your tooth is in the gum.
5. 40% of people over 65 years of age do not have all of their teeth. But you will, RIGHT?
How to brush your child’s teeth