Welcome to Kincardine Dentistry
Welcome to the office of Dr. Walden, where we are dedicated to providing excellent dental care for our patients. Our philosophy of cultivating strong relationships with our patients, and the use of modern technology in a caring environment with our supportive staff, has kept our practice a longstanding tradition in our community for over one hundred and thirty years! At Kincardine Dentistry we pledge to provide you with the best smile possible to take with you into the future!
KINCARDINE DENTISTRY AND
We Are Open!
Kincardine Dentistry re-open as of June 1! This is our new look! If you wish to arrange an appointment, give us a call. We are scheduling fewer patients than before the COVID-19 Pandemic and appointments are taking a little longer in order to ensure social distancing and to accommodate implementation of enhanced PPE protocols. We will do our upmost to offer you an appointment however, please be patient as we are doing our best to take care of patients who have been in need of dental care over the past few months. As always, if you are experiencing a dental emergency, we will be sure to see you promptly. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded infection control guidelines, however in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety and the safety of our team.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments. First, you will be contacted 48 – 72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email, and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- There are personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- We have facilitated distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Magazines, toys and items that can harbour or transfer germs of any kind have been removed. Hand sanitizer is positioned throughout our clinic.
- Educational materials are provided to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- Patients will be required to wear a mask upon entering the office.
- We have installed plexi glass shields to protect you and our team members.
- Hand washing and/or hand sanitizing is required before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- We have re-introduced the oral pre-rinse we have used in the past, to reduce exposure to germs.
- Temperatures of every patient will be taken upon entering the office.
- We will record the temperature of every team member each day at the beginning of the work period.
- We have installed “Surgically Clean Air” units for ambient air management with HEPA RX air filtration in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air. These units contain HVAC disinfection with UV light and activated carbon filters. Combined with our robust HVAC system, the air in our building turns over 17 times each hour.
- New protocols are in place for disinfection by “fogging” rooms and surfaces with a pH neutral disinfectant.
- We have established longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not come into our office. Also if you or any members of your family are awaiting results of a COVID test, we ask that you re-schedule your appointment. If you have traveled to a red zone, please contact us in order that we can complete further screening before visiting our office.
We want you to know that we are thinking about you and that we are very excited to see you again in our office! Until then, take care!
If you are experiencing an after hours dental emergency, you may contact Dr. Walden at 519-396-8472 or Dr. Umar at 519-396-3763.
We are located at 6 Millennium Way, on Highway #21, in front of the Holiday Inn.
Built in 2012, this new 4500 square foot building has many advanced features:
- Our office boasts state of the art equipment, including a CT scanner specifically designed for dentistry.
- We support green initiatives that cut down on waste and are friendly towards the environment.
- All operatories have over the patient televisions allowing patients to comfortably watch TV during their treatments.
- The hallways, washrooms, operatories, and counter tops are all designed to accommodate individuals who use wheelchairs and other assistive walking devices.
- The reception area has a generous play area for children, a television, fireplace, and plenty of comfortable seating.
- Our sterilization area is an open concept center allowing patients to view sterilization procedures and techniques. The new Steri-Centre allows us to implement sterilization techniques that exceed the provincial standards, ensuring that our office is prepared for new guidelines as they are introduced.
A big shout out to Kent Padfield and Shane Watson for re-certifying our staff in CPR and reviewing fire safety tips! (October 2018)
Kincardine Dentistry and the Kincardine Fire Department have the good luck to work with two amazing Co-op Students! Left to right – Fire Prevention Officer, Shane Watson, students Nathan Smith, Hesther Pagé, and Fire Chief, Kent Padfield (October 2018)
Fire Chief, Kent Padfield provides training in the use of an AED Automated External Defibrillator (October 2018)
A shout out to Lake Effect: The team at Kincardine Dentistry celebrated Michael and Gail’s 30th Wedding Anniversary with delicious shakes and fabulous protein balls! Thank you Lake Effect! You made our day! (July 2018)
Thank you to Monica Blair, registered Practical Nurse from the Public Health Unit for
providing our entire staff with an in-service on Naloxone.
Pictured from left to right, Dr. Greg Luvison, Monica Blair, Dr. Sana Umar, Dr. Michael Walden (May 2018).
Documents required by regulations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, are available upon request.