Welcome to Kincardine Dentistry
Welcome to the office of Dr. Walden, where we are dedicated to providing excellent dental care for our patients. Our philosophy of cultivating strong relationships with our patients, and the use of modern technology in a caring environment with our supportive staff, has kept our practice a longstanding tradition in our community for over one hundred and twenty five years! At Kincardine Dentistry we pledge to provide you with the best smile possible to take with you into the future!
KINCARDINE DENTISTRY AND COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ontario’s Royal College of Dental Surgeons has advised all dental offices in the province to close in an effort to contribute to the effort to try to “flatten the curve” of the spread of this virus.
Therefore, effective Monday March 16, 2020, Kincardine Dentistry will be closed. If you are currently scheduled in the upcoming weeks, we will be contacting you to move your appointment to a later date.
We will be seeing patients who require emergency care only. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call Dr. Walden at 519-396-8472 or Dr. Umar at 519-396-3763. A dental emergency includes any of the following situations:
– swelling to the face or neck
– a broken tooth that causes irritation to the cheek or tongue
– an injury to the mouth as a result of trauma
– prolonged bleeding or tooth pain that can not be managed with over the counter medication.
If you have any of these dental symptoms and therefore require emergency dental treatment, we will be screening you prior to seeing you in the office.
These questions include:
– have you travelled in the past two weeks?
– have you been in contact with anyone who has travelled in the past two weeks i.e. contact of less than two meters?
– are you experiencing any flu like symptoms i.e. fever, sore throat, cough, general achiness?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, we will ask if you have been tested for COVID-19. If your test is positive, your dental emergency will be assessed and a determination on the best way to treat it will be provided.
If you have a dental issue, that you would like to discuss, please give us a call and we will try to offer advice over the phone until we can see you in our office.
Please take note, any patients who visited our office from March 2 – March 13 and have a positive COVID-19 test are required to contact our office.
We know that everyone in our community is committed to being part of the effort; keeping our families and friends as safe as possible at this most difficult time. Collaboration is the best way to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your support and understanding as this health crisis evolves
We are located at 6 Millennium Way, on Highway #21, in front of the Holiday Inn.
Built in 2012, this new 4500 square foot building has many advanced features:
- Our office boasts state of the art equipment, including a CT scanner specifically designed for dentistry.
- We support green initiatives that cut down on waste and are friendly towards the environment.
- All operatories have over the patient televisions allowing patients to comfortably watch TV during their treatments.
- The hallways, washrooms, operatories, and counter tops are all designed to accommodate individuals who use wheelchairs and other assistive walking devices.
- The reception area has a generous play area for children, a television, fireplace, and plenty of comfortable seating.
- Our sterilization area is an open concept center allowing patients to view sterilization procedures and techniques. The new Steri-Centre allows us to implement sterilization techniques that exceed the provincial standards, ensuring that our office is prepared for new guidelines as they are introduced.
A big shout out to Kent Padfield and Shane Watson for re-certifying our staff in CPR and reviewing fire safety tips! (October 2018)
Kincardine Dentistry and the Kincardine Fire Department have the good luck to work with two amazing Co-op Students! Left to right – Fire Prevention Officer, Shane Watson, students Nathan Smith, Hesther Pagé, and Fire Chief, Kent Padfield (October 2018)
Fire Chief, Kent Padfield provides training in the use of an AED Automated External Defibrillator (October 2018)
A shout out to Lake Effect: The team at Kincardine Dentistry celebrated Michael and Gail’s 30th Wedding Anniversary with delicious shakes and fabulous protein balls! Thank you Lake Effect! You made our day! (July 2018)
Thank you to Monica Blair, registered Practical Nurse from the Public Health Unit for
providing our entire staff with an in-service on Naloxone.
Pictured from left to right, Dr. Greg Luvison, Monica Blair, Dr. Sana Umar, Dr. Michael Walden (May 2018).
Documents required by regulations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, are available upon request.